Friday, June 28, 2013

Time Well Spent

Three significant learnings from this program
  • Advocacy:  I have learned that advocates are needed in the field who seek to better the care and education of young children.  Advocacy  requires risk-taking, research, and support from other professionals in the field.  Also, parents and educators need to have a voice so their concerns and needs are recognized and considered.
  • Research:  I have learned that all professionals in the field of early childhood education need to maintain an up-to-date and worldly perspective through research.  Research provides new ideas and information to support decision-making and positive response efforts to challenges.  Research also has an positive impact when used by early educators to integrate best practices.
  • Ways to respond to current issues/concerns:    I learned that developing a community of practice is critical in order to effectively respond to an issue, within the field.  A community of practice shoud include diverse people in their professional knowledge and experience, in order to have a broadened perspective.   
Long-term goal
  • I'm working towards a leadership role within the U.S. Department of Education.  I'm hoping to play a key role in decision making process for the direction of early childhood education in our country.
Farewell
  • I'm very proud of our work together!  I have learned so much about research from Dr. Teri.  I have also learned from my colleagues through your personal and professional insights, experiences, and goals!  Thank you all for your support, openness, and resourcefulness.  I hope you all achieve your goals and continue to make a positive impact on young children!  Graduation....is here!!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment